Monday, August 30, 2010

Assignment Experience

Leonard came over Sunday night so that we could exercise part D of our homework assignment. I was already bored out of my mind so I was at least thankful for some company. All we did at first was sit in the living room and watched "Disturbia" on TV and we laughed at the movie's "cheesiness." Then Len recommended that we build something so I took out my box of Super Sculpey so that we could do something creative socially. At first I was in no mood for this. I didn't feel like creating anything at all. I was so bored and lazy at the moment. I was just not "feeling it." After a while though, I start sculpting and I was fine after that. I wonder if it was Len being there also sculpting that made me kind of not so keen to sculpting, but after I saw what he was making I knew I had game so I took this challenge head on because I have skills when it come to Super Sculpey. So I make a sculpture of this pig I had animated over the summer for freelance. It came out pretty good. Len made the head of a demon Chihuahua. Len has his own unique aesthetic. I like it. You can tell among many drawings with one is Len's. So I decide to make some tacos to continue this "social play" and I know I'd have more than enough food, and I knew Len and my roommates would like a good meal. So I start to thaw out the ground beef and we keep watching TV. We start watching a documentary about dinosaurs on the Discovery Channel. It was interesting. We would comment on the animation and just chit chat. Then I wanted to watch the Land Before Time since that movie rocks and I was now in a dinosaur mood.
So I pop in the movie and we watch it as I start cooking the taco meat in the kitchen. For the sake of getting in touch with our "inner child." I had found Land Before Time Burger King toys at the thrift store the day before ironically enough. I like to collect things and toys and figurines are something I collect so I took those out and we played around with those for a bit. Each toy did something different. One walked, one shook, one flipped, and one would roll. So those were entertaining and fun and relaxing. And these were good-looking, well-made toys. Way better than the crap that is made these days. It has been forever since I've played with toys beside the finger skate board on my desk when I'm bored....
Anyway, I continue to cook the tacos and I serve them up to Len and my room
mates and we all enjoyed them. I love cooking then sharing what I make with others. I even made dessert.
After eating, me and Len chilled in the living room and watched "UP." That is such a beautiful movie. It is perfect. It's animated and it's a wonderful and touching love story. A good friend of mine back home and I love its musical score. I just fall in love with that music. Just about at the end of that movie that friend called and my "social play" with Leonard was over.
oddly enough after getting in touch with my inner child, i start questioning the meaning of love. You can't watch Up and not think about that but love is not a childish thing. Since I'm Catholic I go to the Bible and look up 1 Corinthians chapter 13. It Says Love is patient love is kind.....
and it lists everything that it isn't. "it does not rejoice in wrongdoing but rejoices in truth."
I figure that love is not a selfish thing. Children tend to be selfish. Love should not be mistaken as a feeling as it is commonly portrayed. It is not something derived out of self pleasure. Love is a mature thing.

I don't know if my topic of focus should be love because it's too broad of a subject. It is a worn out topic, but we'll see what happens. We'll see what comes out of all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment