Sunday, September 26, 2010

An Idea I Believe in...

My theme is pleasure. The title of my story will probably be "Destructive Pleasure."
The story follows the preparation and the serving of a hot sausage po'boy in the kitchen of a restaurant. There will be a "steamy" affair between the hot sausage patty and the french bread. They lust over each other as they are prepared to come together as a sandwich. Once they finally are united, they are served to a hungry customer and then pleasurably devoured.
This story makes the point of how an relationship based purely on lust and actions made by emotions and immediate gratification can cause self-destruction.
I have the idea to deepen this idea and theme by having the consumer of the po'boy to collapse of a heart attack as he eats the sandwich which will strengthen the idea that gluttony is another destructive pleasure.
Self-destruction caused by pleasure seems like the best way to describe my concept.
I have this story set in New Orleans because this is the area where I am from and the sins of lust and gluttony are two issues I had struggled with over a certain period of time in my life.
As serious as this concept is, the story will be quite comical especially between the lusting going on between the french bread and the hot sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment