Thursday, September 2, 2010

Project 1

Whoo hooo!!!
Good morning!
Anybody sleep? lol
Well, I'm anxious to see what everyone has to bring to the table after many of us pulling off an all-nighter.
Wish I didn't have to be up all night but I gotta do what I gotta do to get the work done.
It the most time just looking up the images I needed. If I ever get the chance to take some pics that I can use while I'm back home, I surely will take that advantage.
Sometimes limitations help in a weird way. They can take you in a different direction I may not have gone concerning the work for my project.
I really want to expand my collection of assets.
Especially some more environment photos.
ahhhh. this is exciting. I like what I have so far.
I wasn't planning to have a human character in my work. I had created a foreground and a background in my environment but I felt like the middle ground needed to be occupied. So, I create a character from a man in one of my source images. So, I add him to my scene and realized that if I made a few changes to his appearance, then he'd look like my cousin. I made those changes and now I have a cartoon version of my cousin. I like the b&w sketchy aesthetic mixed in with my environment composed of photo images.
Now, the paper doll po'boy design is a piece I did a long while back. I need to reorganize that photoshop document though because I need to group each part as its own layer. I should have that done already but I don't really need it quite yet.
I'm super bucked up about this project!! I feel that I'm prepared. That's my goal is to always be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment