Monday, November 1, 2010

Effects Experiments/Final Project Ideas

The effects experiments are never ending. I've learned that there is so much layering that can be done with these effects. That's what I kept doing. I will play with some old footage I have with effects then go back to what I've made and then add some more effects right on top. I've been experimenting with key framing these effects and exploring their possibilities. In my experiment with my old stop motion project, I was fascinated by the abstract shapes the effects I used was making.
My first experiment probably consists the most layering and exploring of effects. My process began by going through each effect's options and playing with key frames.
I used footage for most of my experiments because I could benefit from already moving forms and images in the footage.

One of the ideas that I have for my final project relates to the project I did for midterm. I'm staying with my theme of destructive pleasure and now focusing on sloth. That is all I know at this very moment so far. I'm thinking about setting and what kind of characters to use. I'd like to set the story in a nola setting again. I've been thinking about all of the weird creatures and places back home. I'm thinking about nutrias and egrets that spend there days in canals and on the neutral grounds. People feed these animals on the neutral ground all of the time. I can perhaps focus on how these animals become dependent on the stale bread people come to feed them and they become unable to find food for themselves or defend themselves. In, consequence, they can get eaten by an alligator. The story could reflect the story of the grasshopper and the ant. The egret could be a hard worker then the be nutria lazy. For those who don't know, a nutria is practically a beaver with a rat tail and and egret is a white crane like bird. So, that's one idea I have brewing in my mind. I think there is more I can get out of this idea. I don't think the story is deep enough. I have to do a lot of time thinking about it. I honestly get some of my best ideas while taking a shower. I'm gonna have to take that old sketchbook out and jot down some random words and draw random pictures. I'm not worried. I'm always lead to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment